Wednesday, December 1, 2010

FTJ, Entry 36: Spelling Shame...and the Trip to Key West

First, I have to say that Beau is not happy that I am writing about this. But I am mortified, so an explanation is absolutely crucial.

I went to our latest blog entry and OMG - I saw there were spelling errors. OH NOOOOO! The horror!

My fault, in that I did not proofread Beau's additions to the blog last night. (I have a nasty cold/sinus infection and other ailments at present -- my excuse.) I am mortified -- mortified, I say!! -- to see that there is a misspelled word: it's instead of its. Good lord.  Please know, dear friends, that Laura knows all too well the difference between the two. 

There are also issues with subject/verb agreement, that again, I must emphasize, do not emanate from moi. 

(Actually, Beau rarely makes such errors. He is quite a competent writer most of the time.)

Enough with the histrionics from the Drama Queen. Now that I am here blogging again -- without the hubby -- might as well add some more photos of the Everglades, Miami, and our trip to Key West. (It would be ironic -- and perhaps fitting --  if I, too, made a bunch of typos!)


Beau and Buddy at Mahogany Point, Everglades

Big gator!! And that's in the wild -- no alligator farm.

Laura and Buddy, Mahogany Point, Everglades
Miami

Yesterday, we took a ride to Miami Beach (which we never really saw due to all the traffic and my having to find a bathroom), and decided instead to check out Key Biscayne. Above, the view of Miami from the bridge connecting the mainland to Key Biscayne. Too bad we did not get any photos of Key Biscayne, in that it is quite lovely.

On to Key West

Today we left the Miami Everglades campground around 10 am and headed south, for Key West. The weather was beautiful and we could not believe how tranquil the waters around the Keys were...at first.


Look at that color!!

Note the turquoise Jersey barriers. Miles and miles of them! (Beau did add this caption, in that I have no idea what these dividers are actually called.) 


But soon the wind started picking up, and we saw a distinct chop developing. 



The wind increased in velocity to the point that Beau had to pull over, get a ladder, and secure our awning -- the wind was trying to pull it free from the side of the rig!


Soon the clouds rolled in, along with more and more wind. Oh well, we cannot complain, in that we have had simply fabulous weather on this trip 95% of the time.

Forgot to mention one exciting thing! We saw a Key Deer! The photo is blurry, but here it is:
We also saw an osprey right on one of the bridges between the Keys. I snapped this as we whipped by, so it, too, is not the greatest photo:



The cloudy and windy weather did not dampen our enthusiasm for our new locale, Bluewater Key Resort (though it is further -- about 12 minutes or so -- from Key West than we thought). 

Note Buddy's obvious excitement upon arrival.


We are staying here until January 2nd. We have our own dock with a swim ladder, and a Tiki hut.



Har-V the Mar-V RV ensconced at Bluewater Key.

Not bad, eh? The week ahead is supposed to be a bit cooler -- mid 70s -- but sunny most days. Unfortunately, Beau now seems to be getting my respiratory infection. Oh joy. We will have to take turns pissing and moaning. 

Until next time!

Tanks, Panky




1 comment:

  1. Shame on me for not even seeing it! Alas, none of us are perfect. :-(

    ReplyDelete