Saturday, September 18, 2010

Full-timing Journal, Entry 2: Away we go...to the driveway

After we told people we were retiring (early) and going full-timing in a motorhome, they all said, "You must write a blog!" 
Oh boy.

Blogging has never been particularly appealing to me. Someone with painfully low self-esteem is not thrilled at the idea of writing about herself, nor does she believe that anyone would want to read about her or her new life, regardless of how exciting said life might seem to others.

Moreover, I am also not that keen about the prospect of continuing to do something -- writing -- that I have been doing professionally for the past 35 years. Writing is too hard! Writing well is excruciatingly painful! Nooooo! Not again!

But now that I've started this, I realize that the writing doesn't have to be high-toned, award-winning prose, or even my best effort. It just has to let people know what we are doing and where we are in our cross-country trek. And this trip is not just about me -- it is about me and my husband Beau and our little dog Buddy -- the latter two characters serving to deflect attention from...well, me.

So anyway, where we are so far (Day 2) is not very far--from our prior home, that is. We are, as our hostess Barbara Karp says, "The People Living in My Driveway." In other words, we are currently parked in our very good friends', well, yes, driveway, in Stamford, CT.


Tomorrow we head out for a short jaunt to Clinton, CT - our first stop on this new cross country adventure. Baby steps, my friends.

We already had one or two rather comical mishaps prior to this tiny leg of the journey. I'll bore you with those stories some other time. (Soon we will liven this up with some cool travel photos, I hope.)

Alternatively, have pity on me and tell me to stop these missives now.
Tanks, Panky

2 comments:

  1. It's too late now. The hole has been dug and you must fill it in. I'm actually seeing what people saw in my blog and will commit to adding more the Liver Diaries. I'll foward the tee-hee photos I have to you and you can add what you want.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I am loving this from a person with seriously low self esteem and counting. This time around write whatever you want. I dont know much about blogging but I am the first follower ta dah......lol...I have no life so I am living vicariously through you. So tell me if I want to speak to you privately,how do I do that? Not that I have to at this moment. Anyway, keep on keepin on Beaudry's!!

    ReplyDelete