Wednesday, October 13, 2010

FTJ, Entry 19: Fall on the Blue Ridge

As much as I would love to recount some hysterical or frightening story of yesterday's trip in the car along the Blue Ridge Parkway, I have no such tales to tell. We had a beautiful day -- autumnal splendor! -- and no mishaps. We did take Buddy with us to lunch at the Tuggle's Gap Restaurant, and he barked at the waitress. But we were outside, so no big deal.


Anyway, I am just posting some photos for today. I don't want this blog to end up feeling like "work."

I am sure we will have more exciting adventures for me to write about....

First, some other photos from Pegasus Farm (West Virginia) --

Inside the Zen bus, scenery as viewed from Pegasus Farm, the railroad tracks (only one or two trains a year max), a West Virginia horse (for SOPHIE!), the tenter's "Zen outhouse," and Beau during our exploration of the Pegasus farm surroundings.

Photos from our drive yesterday on the Blue Ridge Parkway:
Mabry's Mill

A collage of some of the scenery



Going backward, a few shots of the trip from W Virginia to Virginia:



Till next time!

Tanks, Panky


3 comments:

  1. The photos are beautiful. We'll have to visit that area. Why not do a once a week entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb! Thanks for commenting. I decided I will blog only when we have something interesting to say or show.

    Hope you are doing well! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the horse picture Miss Laura!

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete