Monday, October 25, 2010

FTJ, Entry 23: It Just Keeps Getting Better

I am starting to wonder why we rave about Caribbean beaches. The United States has spectacular beaches!

I know that I cry over an AT&T commercial or a Broadway number (Beau claims I cry over a glass of water), but my first view of Myrtle Beach brought me to tears. For those who have not been here (this is the first time for Beau and me), it is a wide stretch of hard sand that seems to go on for miles and miles. I am very emotional on this trip, I guess.


Here it is on sunrise -- on Beau's birthday on Sunday:

Is this not gorgeous? Wow, are we lucky!

We are staying right on the beach at Myrtle Beach Travel Park, which is more or less in the center of the "Grand Strand."


Around us are tons of restaurants, amusements, and wild looking mini golf places. There is no shortage of things to see, do, experience, or whatever, although a few are closed for the season. 

We got up early to see the sunrise and then spent the day on the beach a few steps from our RV- - Beau tried out his new fishing pole (ahem) that he bought for himself for his birthday:


A little video from our morning walk (who is that woman with the strident voice saying "haaaaee?"):


Barbara, check out your banner on the outside of the RV! Looking good!


For Beau's birthday tonight we went to a Brazilian churrascaria (big time grilled meat) restaurant.


One of the "gaucho" servers -- odd placement of the light fixture above his head in the photo makes him look like he is wearing a tiny beanie!

Beau loved all the meat meat meat for his big day. (He looks like he enjoyed the Malbec as well. Maybe I should have taken away the car keys!)


For my birthday tomorrow, we had the choice of seeing the Oak Ridge Boys in concert or going to Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede dinner theater. Guess which one I chose? YES! Dixie Stampede dinner theater, here we come. Yee ha!

Tanks, Panky

1 comment:

  1. Donna, Phil and SophieOctober 25, 2010 at 9:24 AM

    Happy Birthday to you both! We love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete